I was in the middle of writing a really long post, and Explorer crashed. Boo, Microsoft! This one probably won't be as excellent as the one I had almost all the way done, but whatever. It's the universe's loss.
Those of you who have been lucky enough to live with me have got to witness a package from my mom first hand. She sends me the weirdest assortment of things. Here is a content list of the latest package:
1. Two packages of Safeway brand caramel rice cakes. (This is not that odd. There is no Safeway in Bellingham, and that is my favorite brand and flavor of rice cakes.)
2. The World Book Encyclopedia of People and Places: Volume M-R: Macao to Rwanda.
3. 2 Foxtrot (the comic) books.
4. 1 issue of Kids Discover Magazine: The Solar System.
No explanation, nothing.
My mom and I aren't as close as my dad and I are, but she is still pretty cool. Here are some reasons:
1. She was at the first ever Earth Day and she taught me about recycling.
2. When I was little, she told me that there were no such thing as boy toys and girl toys. She still let me play with Barbies, but they had to have careers, like astronaught Barbie.
3. She really likes South Park, but she pretends that she doesn't.
4. She makes fun of my dad when he wears socks with his sandals. This is important because it occasionally shames him into not doing it.