Friday, July 11, 2008

God Bless AmeriCorps

Today is my last day as an AmeriCorps VISTA.


Things I'm going to miss about my time as a VISTA:

- Chloe and Sasha, the office dogs.

- Coming in when I want.

- Convincing people that all AmeriCorps VISTAs are required to salute when they see an American flag.

- Leaving when I want.

- Getting paid ($4.50 an hour, but still) by the US Government to google image 'cute baby polar bears'.

- Blogging at work.

- Having 'Defend the Constitution from all enemies, domestic and foreign' in my actual job description.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on successful defense of our nation!!! Yay for summer!

D.I. Zzo said...

Yeah, what the hell is the constitution going to do now that it doesn't have flanhoodles wrapped around it?

mximvb