Saturday, July 5, 2008

Red, White, and Blued

Yesterday, I celebrated the holiest of holy days to AmeriCorps members, Independence Day.

To quote Kyle Raden, when asked if he was red, white, or blue:

"I'm all of those colors, because I am as American as fuck."

This is how American I am:
First, I had some coffee at Starbucks, a major American corporation. Then Nicole, Rachel, and Carolyn tricked me into going to to Walmart (Don't worry, I didn't buy anything there). Then we went to Red Robin for lunch where we ate overly large portion sizes of food that had been made with partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. Eventually, Jodi and I made it down to Zuanich Park to watch the fireworks.

The fireworks were awesome. Nicole and I made sure to salute whenever the fireworks were red, white and blue. After one particularly spectacular red, white, and blue firework, Jodi announced, "That one was like an American planet!" Yes it was, Jodi, yes it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that very same American Planet firework. INstead of saluting it, however, I was trying to save strangers from a screaming, flayling, autistic man.