Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sweatiest Person Alive

Today I went to my first ever Bikram Yoga class. If you don't know already, Bikram Yoga is pretty much like regular yoga, except it is in a room kept at a temperature approximately the same as that circle of hell in the Inferno where all the false Popes are stuck in a well, or whatever it was that happened in the Inferno (I only have vague recollections of this book because my professor for the class I read it in was distractingly similar to Dustin Hoffman's version of Captain Hook in the early 90's masterpiece, Hook.). Anyway, the room is 105 degrees, (Farenheidt. Duh.) and you do yoga for 105 minutes. It's supposed to be very good for you, relax your muscles, realease toxins, etc. etc. I made it through my first class, and I only had to lay down to avoid passing out for 12 of those 105 minutes! The instructor even said I did a great job for my first time! Though I'm not sure that I trust the opinion of a man who works out in Victoria's Secret boyshort panties. Anyway, it was great, and I can't wait to go back, mostly so I don't waste the $20 trial membership I already paid for. I just have to figure out how I can wear less clothes than a tank top and a pair of yoga capris.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Victoria's Secret boyshort panties...obviously.