Today is the premiere of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Here are some facts about me and my long history with Indiana Jones.
1. The first movie I ever attended (at age 2 months) was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Apparently, I started to cry, so my mom missed the ending.
2. The first movie I remember seeing at the theater was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
3. My first love (at age 5) was Indiana Jones.
4. I had one of those cassette tapes that went along with a picture book for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The audio tape narrated the story, and told you when to turn the page by a cracking whip noise. It was awesome.
5. This story may be apocryphal, but my mom claims it's true. At some point in the early nineties (probably 90 or 91), my family was watching some show on tv, and on it, Steven Speilberg announced that they weren't making anymore Indiana Jones movies and I started crying. I have no memory of this, but my mom insists that it is true.
6. I would wear an Indiana Jones hat to the premiere tonight, but I can't. I used to have one, but our dog chewed it up when he was a puppy.
7. I was an archaeology major for a while.
8. I still have this poster on the wall of my bedroom at home: