Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in review

I don't know if you guys remember but my resolution for 2010 was to live my life more like Lady Gaga.

How did I do? Well, Lady Gaga is known mainly for two things:

1) Catchy, danceable smash hits.



2) Not wearing pants.



How I did:

1) Catchy, danceable smash hits.
Unfortunately, I had zero platinum songs, unlike Lady Gaga and her googolplex platinum odes to thinking about other people during sex and poisoning diner patrons with Beyonce.

2) Not wearing pants.
I began 2010 owning 12 pairs of pants. As of December 31, 2010, I own 4 pairs of pants. That is a 66.67% reduction in pant ownership. I have one pair of regular jeans, one pair of skinny jeans, one pair of purple skinny jeans, and one pair of yoga pants. I can assure you that I wear pants less often than I did in 2009. I wear skirts and dresses and leggings and shorts. While I have yet to start wearing meat dresses or lobster hats or cloven shoes, I think that I can declare that I accomplished my 2010 New Year's resolution of being more like Lady Gaga.

Any suggestions for what I should resolve for 2011? Already used: pretend to be a robot more often (2008) and live my life more like a rapper (2009).

No comments: