Monday, August 8, 2011

Triathlon Training - Week 10

3 posts today! Obviously, I am trying to avoid work.

Here's how triathlon training went for the week:

Monday:
Goal: 19 minute swim
Accomplished: 32 minute swim

Tuesday:
Goal: Rest
Accomplished: I rested very sucessfully

Wednesday:
Goal: 32 minute swim, 32 minute run
Accomplished: 30 minute swim. The universe didn't want me to finish this swim, but I did! 32 run- I've finally stopped being super lazy about my runs, and forcing myself to do them. And they're not that terrible.

Thursday:
Goal: 51 minute bike
Accomplished: 70 minute bike- this was another ride along the triathlon route. While I haven't completed the whole thing, I've ridden the distance, and I've ridden the hardest, hilliest section. I also rode 11 miles through bike commuting this day. I usually only ride five.

Friday:
Goal: Rest
Accomplished: Excellent rest day that included sushi, sake, beer and pizza.

Saturday:
Goal: 64 minute bike

Sunday:
Goal: 19 minute run, 38 minute bike
Accomplished: After the aforementioned epic hilly bike ride of death, I gave myself a well-deserved extra rest day.

I'm a little worried about training this week, as I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow for KJW & Drew's awesome wedding. I'm hoping to go for a run tonight, do a swim tomorrow, and I'll bring along my running shoes and work out clothes. And, of course, there will be hours of insanely awesome cardio in the form of dancing.

No comments: