Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Universe Didn't Want Me to Swim Today

But I succeeded!

First, when my alarm went off at 6:15 I turned it off and went back to sleep. Ooops. Luckily, I wasn't meeting anyone at the pool today.

I woke up again a little before 7, and I realized that I had plenty of time to go swimming if I forced myself out of bed. So I did.

Since I was running late, I drove to the pool instead of biking. The road to the pool was closed. The intersection was blocked off. I drove to the next street, hoping the road would connect. It didn't neither did the next road. I drove around for at least 8 minutes, trying to find my way in.

I headed back home and considered giving up. But I didn't! I threw my stuff in my backpack, jumped on my bike, and took a shortcut through the campground, hoping this way wasn't blocked either.

It wasn't! And now I know a bike shortcut to the pool! It was probably faster than driving, even.

The extra 50 minutes between 6:30 and 7:20 am made the pool a more pleasant place to be. I had my own lane for most of the time, but it started getting crowded towards the end of my workout.

1,100 yards, 30 minutes, and a definite sense of accomplishment!

No comments: