Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm sure it was chic in the 70s

I was talking to a woman from Santa Cruz who was visiting South Lake Taco. She described her first impression as:

"It's like the 70s happened here, and then time stopped."

While there has certainly been some new buildings and development since the 70s, that description seems pretty accurate.

Especially in regards to the shower in my new apartment.

I couldn't get a picture that conveyed the majesty of this shower. It's about 1.5 times the size of a regular shower, tiled, and features some really special decals.

Don't worry. I took some close ups.

I thought that the fake polaroids really helped to establish that 70s ambiance present in my new shower.

The designer of this shower took special care with his or her work. The decals are not just placed haphazardly about the shower. The lowest level of decals are fish. The next level are butterflies. Bird decals are only found around the top.

It's spectacular.

No comments: