Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Powerline Trail

After working all day Saturday (urgh, board meetings) and being scared off by a possible thunderstorm on Sunday, yesterday I was ready for a ride!

I headed up (and up and up and up) Ski Run boulevard to the trail head. After a quick push up a short sandy hill, I was greeted by the gorgeous views of Desolation Wilderness and Lake Tahoe.

The first part of the trail is mostly loose rocks and deepish sand- not my favorite material to ride on. I miss the hero dirt of the PNW. The trail pretty quickly turns into dirt single track, barely rooty or rocky in just a few places.

The very beginning area has some more technical rock features off of the main trail. These features are definitely above my skill level, but there were a few I'm planning on trying out.

I only had my hard tail this time, but when I finally get pedals for my new bike, I plan on bringing it (and my full face helmet - safety first!) and working on my technical skills.

This area would also be a great place to run. I haven't really run all month, because I am so excited that I can finally bike, but I need to get going on that again. At least I am keeping up on my weightlifting!


No comments: