Monday, June 20, 2011

Corral Trail - This Time With Pictures

On Friday afternoon, I headed up to Corral Trail again. This time I remembered my camera. Since I'm nervous about trying to pedal my full suspension bike up the hill, I took my trusty hard tail out again.

I pedaled up and up and up. It actually didn't feel as bad as it did on Wednesday, I think because I knew what to expect. I definitely took fewer breaks this time.

It definitely feels steeper than these pictures look!

Luckily, the view is gorgeous, and nicely shaded. I'm such a wimp when it comes to doing anything in hot weather.


I finally made it to the top! This is not my best angle.


I started down Corral to Sidewinder again, and noticed a snow flower off to the side, poking through the brown of the pine needles.

Sidewinder Trail, in all its swoopy glory:


I'm pretty sure that is Desolation Wilderness back there.

One of the few features on the trail that I didn't feel confident enough to tackle. Most of the few features I walked, I feel like I could handle with a full suspension bike and a full face helmet. This was not one of them.

Taking a breather most of the way down the trail. I love my Osprey hydration pack. Thanks, Drew at Second Ascent for selling it to me! I got the special "I'm performing your wedding ceremony" discount on it.

Towards the end of the trail, you cross a creek. Trout Creek, I think? Like all bodies of water in Tahoe right now, it's pretty full.

This is such a fun ride, and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: