Thursday, June 16, 2011

Corral Trail

I've only lifted weights once in the last week and a half. It's just so hard to go inside at my gym when the weather is finally nice out.

Yesterday after work, I again ignored my noodle arms and did not go to the gym. But I did do something more fun instead. I rode Corral Loop Trail for the first time. I forgot to bring my camera, though, oops!

The trail starts with a two mile climb up and up and up. Luckily the road is paved, but I definitely was jealous of the people passing me in trucks (the trail is shuttle-able), but it definitely made me feel like more of a bad-ass when I made it to the top.

Corral splits branches off almost right away, with Corral being more technical and the offshoot, Sidewinder being more loopy, with twists and turns on (mostly) nice dirt. Since I was on my hardtail and didn't have my full face helmet with me, I decided to tackle the Sidewinder offshoot. There are a few slightly rocky sections- one of which caught me by surprise (and sitting down) and flung me directly into a bush. Ouch.

After a little over a mile, sidewinder reconnects with Corral, goes through some beautiful woods, and eventually dumps out on a road that leads back to the parking lot where I'd left my car.

Corral Loop was a really fun ride, and I can't wait to do it again. Since this was a text-y post with no pictures, here's a picture of me with a pinata shaped like Sully from Monsters Inc.

You're welcome.

No comments: