Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I love summer

Here are some things I love about summer:
  • Swimming
  • Bike rides
  • Sundresses
  • Campfires
  • Drinking beer outside
This weekend, some of my favorite people and I went to the Truckee Brew Fest and I indulged in all of them.

Drinking beer outdoors with Kelly, Eva, Katie, and Allison (not pictured),

I got a lot of good swag, including this snap bracelet/beer coozy from Alaska Brewery.

After an afternoon of drinking, what's more fun than going on a little bike ride?

And by "little bike ride", I mean that Katie and I attempted to ride this bmx bike at the same time around a grass field.

We were not very successful.

We tried switching it up, with me on the handlebars. Still, no dice.

Some friendly bystanders even attempted to help us out with no luck. Oh, well.

We then walked to Allison's friend's house by the Truckee River, where we went for a little dip in the chilly water. I think most of the water in the Truckee right now was snow about an hour ago.

No pictures of swimming, as we were in our skivvies. Here is a picture of our host's dog instead. His name is Tucker.

I kept trying to rename him Travis and steal him. I was not successful.

The night ended, like any awesome summer night, with a campfire. Also, Tucker/Travis kept humping Kelly. It was pretty funny.

The next morning we were not the most energetic lot, so after brunch at Jax (their veggie burgers are amazing!), we each bought 4 different types of liquids and laid on the public docks at Donner Lake.

It was a beautiful day, best appreciated through sunglasses.

On the way home, we drove by a Renaissance Fair and saw some LARP-ers.

The End

No comments: