My arms are so sore from lifting yesterday that these letters I'm addressing for work are barely legible. I ran 3.5 miles in 34 minutes yesterday, and my knee felt fine until I hopped on the spin bike. My right knee had a sharp pain on the left side in about the middle of my knee cap. Here:
(This is the transition area of the 3rd Annual Tri It Out Triathlon. I got a flat shortly after this picture)
This is not where it usually hurts. It usually hurts here:
This is what you look like when you go to Hawaii in April when you live in Bellingham. Wear sunscreen. Or you will end up looking like this:
Well, that was kind of a tangent. Anyway, my knee hurts in a new place. I need to get back on the icing/stretching bandwagon, but I've been focusing on my back, and leg stretching has kind of been ignored.
I threw together dinner last night, and it came out so delicious I thought that I'd share the recipe.
Curry Veggies with Garlic Naan
- Garlic Naan from Trader Joe's (or you could make your own)
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt (I like Fage, but it's kind of pricey)
- 1 tsp curry powder (use more or less depending on preference)
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup frozen artichokes
- Steam or saute veggies (I used broccoli and artichokes because those were in the front of my freezer) to the point that you like them cooked.
- Mix yogurt, curry powder, ginger, and garlic in a bowl large enough to hold all of your veggies. Taste it, and adjust spices to taste.
- Cook frozen Naan bread. I actually just jam it into my toaster and flip halfway through. Not sure if that is in the directions.
- When your veggies are done, drain and add to the yogurt mixture and stir so the veggies are evenly coated. I put the bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds, just to make sure it's heated evenly.
I don't have any pictures of this delicious concoction, so here is a picture of some dude's high fashion jeans that we spotted in the Beaver.