I can't believe it's been a week since I posted! Time flies when you're having fun.
1. I have been house sitting for a girl that I work with while she is in China. The best part of house sitting is this:
This is Lassen, swimming in the barely-above-freezing Lake Taco. Don't worry. He loves it.
Lassen loves the water!
2. It was my 27th birthday on Tuesday! That meant beer, cake, and more beer.
Terrible picture, delicious cake.
3. No internet + awesome bookshelf = a ton of reading. I went on a reading binge this weekend and read 4 books in three days. It was amazing.
- World War Z by Max Brooks: If you like post-apocalyptic fiction, zombies, and being scared, or preparing for the coming Zombie Apocalypse, you'll like this book. Note: do not read late at night the first night you spend all alone in a strange house in the middle of the woods.
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston: This is a great instruction manual for chopping off your own hand. Possibly a useful skill in the coming Zombie Apocalypse.
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris: The first book in the series that True Blood is based on. Enjoyable, smutty vampire romance. Useful if it's a Vampire Apocalypse instead of a Zombie Apocalypse.
- The Lost City of Z by David Grann: The Victorian Era- when men were men, women didn't have any fun, and everybody was really, really racist. Famed explorer/scientist/boat builder/gentleman Percy Fawcett disappears searching the Amazon jungle for the Lost City of Z. Made me realize I'd rather brave the Zombie Apocalypse than get lost in the Amazon Jungle.
Anyone else read any good books lately? Anybody else have a plan in mind for the Zombie Apocalypse?