Monday, January 31, 2011

My bum hurts

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend.

In my quest to enjoy winter sports, I went snow boarding for the first time ever.

While I wish I could say that I looked like this:














In actuality, I looked much more like this:


















My first trip down the hill, I fell literally every 3 to 5 feet. I was convinced that I would never, ever figure it out, and I was just somehow physically unable to snowboard. I worked harder that first time down the hill than the whole day skiing last week. Getting up on a slope with your feet strapped to a slippery piece of wood is really hard work. Finally, about 90% of the way down, there was a light at the end of the tunnel. My body, mind and snowboard finally started communicating with each other. I made it at least 25 feet before I fell down. Miraculous!

After I made it down, I needed a break, so I hung out in the sun while my better snowboarding companions did a couple more runs. I must not have put on enough sunscreen, because I definitely have some raccoon eyes/hot dog nose right now. My next few runs, my body really started to figure out what it was supposed to do. Snowboarding is actually fun when you are not falling every few feet!

I ended up having a great time, and feeling pretty confident on my board. Honestly, by the end of the day, I felt more comfortable on the snowboard than I ever have on skis, despite having skied several times.

I also had quite a few delicious beers and large glasses of wine this weekend, and between that and the numerous butt bruises I collected snowboarding, I spent Sunday sitting on the couch watching movies and planning for the zombie apocalypse.

How was your weekend? What skill would you bring to your rag tag group of survivors in the zombie apocalypse?

No comments: