Friday, January 14, 2011

Sometimes I get to do fun things for work.

Today, I'm leaving to go to Nevada City for the Wild and Scenic Film Festival! The Sierra Nevada Alliance puts on an "On Tour" version of the film fest in South Lake Tahoe every year, and it's the first event I get to do. We're going to go scout films, and it should be really fun. Yvon Chouinard is going to be there!

Of course, because we are a small-budget non-profit, and we only get one free pass to the film fest, I have to volunteer in exchange for my film sessions. I get to work 6 hour shifts in the concession stand. Woo hoo!

I took Wednesday off working out to see Black Swan. It's great. Go see it. Not with your parents. I returned to Push with a vengeance yesterday. I finally remembered to
bring my clipless shoes to spin. They really made a difference, and my knees were less sore afterwards. I think they helped with my foot/leg position. Also, I am a little bit in love with my spin instructor. I did some run/uphill walk intervals on the treadmill. I don't absolutely hate the treadmill nearly as much as I used to, and I think the secret is that I need to vary the speed quite often, or I get super bored.

I also went to yoga. This is the first time I've been to a Thursday class, and, while it was good, the instructor is a little too "fill your hands up with rose colored energy from your heart chakra" for my taste. Oh, well. Cheapo yoga students can't be choosers.

Have a great weekend everyone! I know I am. I'm going to try to hit on Yvon Chouinard.

No comments: