Monday, November 21, 2011

XTerra Offroad Tri Training - Week One

Since I couldn't really find any plans to train for this slightly odd distance triathlon, (1/2 mile swim, 16 mile mountain bike 3.5 mile trail run) I decided to use a modified free Olympic distance training plan, and try to do at least some work outs on the trails. Due to snow factors, we'll see how that goes.

Monday:
Goal: 48 minute bike, 24 minute swim
Accomplished: 50 minute spin class, 15 minute run. A super busy time at work led to no swimming this week. Oooops. Next week.

Tuesday:
Goal: Run 24
Accomplished: Unplanned rest day due to 16 our work day. Ugggh. That's all I have to say about that.

Wednesday:
Goal: 40 minute swim
Accomplished: 35 minute run, weights. Again, no swimming. But the run felt good, and I'm really trying to hit the weights this training cycle. Also, I started moving into my new place!

Thursday:
Goal: 80 minute bike
Accomplished: 25 minute bike, weights. Cut my bike ride short and did some quick weights before heading to MacDuff's for a work going away party for our AmeriCorps members. Sniff. I'll miss them so much!

Friday:
Goal: 32 minute run
Accomplished: 35 minute run, 55 minute bike. I made up my shortened ride from Thursday by alternating bike/treadmill. I did 30 minutes on the bike, 20 minutes running, 25 minutes biking and finished up with 15 on the treadmill. It was a nice way to break up a large (for me) chunk of cardio.

Saturday:
Goal: Rest Day
Accomplished: Did some moving, and prepared Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower and some Brussel Sprouts for a Thanksgiving Potluck. There was excellent food, cheap but decent wine, good beer, lovely people, and, as a result of the latter three, sneaking into vacation rental hot tubs to go hot tubbing in the snow.

Sunday:
Goal: 40 minute run
Accomplished: Unplanned rest day. Woke up feeling super sick. (Not just a hangover!) Went for a walk, rehashed funniest party memories, watched True Blood.

This morning, I woke up not feeling any better, so I called in sick to work and headed to the doctor. Turns out, I have bronchitis. Booooooo. I got a prescription and the doctor said I should be feeling better by Wednesday, just in time to travel home for Thanksgiving!

No comments: