Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oh hey there blog

It's been awhile. It's been super busy at work, which has led to less working out and even less blogging. Here are some highlights from my time away:

We had an early morning bird watching event at work. Being at work at 7 am on a Sunday is almost worth it with views like this!

Salmon are spawning! Sadly I did not see a bear.

I visited a corn maze with my friend Detective Killer.

Down in the Carson Valley, you could see for miles. It's so different than being constantly surrounded by mountains.

I found a pumpkin that looked like a butt.

Detective Killer, Kirsten, Katie and I went to Hope Valley for a picnic to enjoy the fall colors.

Nature!

I did some hopping from rock to rock in the Carson River. Luckily, I didn't fall in, as the water is already really cold.

I spent Halloween weekend in San Francisco.

Where I dressed up as Sookie Stackhouse and made friends with some self described "southern gentlemen". Note: they were not gentlemen.

Katie, Jackie and I ate at an amazing all vegetarian Chinese restaurant called Golden Buddha. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone visiting San Francisco, especially vegetarians. I don't think that I've eaten at a Chinese restaurant since I became a vegetarian 3 years ago. Cashew "chicken" and broccoli "beef" were definitely missing from my life. Warning: portion sizes are huge!

I was extremely mature. Note: we were sitting by the window and our walrus tusks attracted a lot of pointing and smiles.

I finished out the weekend dancing my heart out and my feet off to Lady Gaga, Cher, and Madonna at a club in the Castro.

Since then, I've been trying to get back into the swing of hitting the gym after work, since it's now dark and snowy at the end of the day. I've decided that I really need something to train for to get motivated. I'm thinking of an Olympic triathlon in about mid-April, so if anyone knows a good one (preferably in Northern California), please let me know!

Hopefully, I will be back to blogging (and working out!) more regularly!


No comments: