Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunshine!

After driving for five hours through a snowstorm and 6 hours through a rain storm, I arrived in Santa Barbara to…more rain.

It rained all day Saturday, so our planned mountain bike did not occur. Instead, we sat on the couch, at a bunch of food, drank cheap beer, and played Street Fighter 4 and Wii Tennis.

I was a little worried that it would rain all weekend, and I wouldn’t get to ride outside, which I’ve been looking forward to for weeks. But I woke up this morning to a perfect Santa Barbara day.


By two or so, it had dried out enough to go on a little ride. It was still too wet to go on the trail we had originally planned, but it was good enough for a ride around Ellwood Park, a preserve that runs along the bluffs above the beach near Dan’s new house.


Beautiful day for a ride in a gorgeous place.

Can you spot Dan in this picture?

Dan contemplates a possible line.

Trying to avoid mud puddles.

Don't fall off the cliff!

Obviously I was prepared for a hard core ride in my t-shirt and cardigan.

A perfect escape from Lake Taco.

Hopefully, we'll get to go on another ride tomorrow before I leave back to the land of ice and snow.

No comments: