Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mug intervention

New blog layout! Super exciting.

It's only a couple of days into February, and I did not start off the month very well on my fitness goals. Usually, I go straight from my office to the gym, which makes it that much harder to skip, but on Tuesdays, I usually go home and eat something before yoga. While living literally a stone's throw from Lake Taco has it's advantages , it is usually about three times as windy at my house than it is at work. By the time I got home, got into my yoga clothes, and ate some delicious hot soup, the wind had really started whipping. So I made the executive decision to sit on my ass in my yoga pants and watch Going the Distance. Normally, I dislike both chick flicks and Drew Barrymore, but I loved this movie! I love pretty much anything that features my secret boyfriend Charlie, but aside from that, I thought it was really funny. If you've ever been in a long distance relationship, you'll really appreciate it.

Yesterday, I did my short run that I skipped on Tuesday, and I did it a little faster than I normally run, which was great. Then I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, making up for missing my swim? Maybe? At least I use my arms on the elliptical? I did arms and abs as well, including the crazy plank which was hard.

I've started using the notepad app on my ipod to track my workouts, so if it takes me a couple days to get to the computer where I keep my spreadsheets, I don't have to try to remember what I actually did, mileage, weights etc.

So remember yesterday when I said that I had four mugs at my workstation? Actually, it was worse. The quick glance around that I took did not reveal 2 mugs that were hiding. That means I actually was hoarding six mugs. Six. Luckily, they were all clean. No gross moldy mugs hanging around.

Our office is across the street from a slightly sketchy thrift shop. Sometimes we take breaks and walk over there to see what exciting things we can find. It's where I found my awesome ski suit. I totally scored there today. Not only did we find a file cabinet for my new intern ($5!), I found a
couple of cute jars for my tea and quinoa, so they don't have to hang out in my cupboard in the bags they came in, constantly threatening to fall out and escape all over my kitchen floor. I also found a new travel coffee mug, because I stupidly left all of mine in my storage unit in Seattle, and, while I have not yet spilled coffee from a regular mug while driving, it's only a matter of time. I also bought a mug. My mug looks like the one above, but it says Lake Tahoe instead of Florida, and it has pine trees instead of palm trees. It's amazing. Hopefully, having one mug that is mine will prevent me from hoarding the office mugs.

No comments: