Saturday, February 12, 2011

What the h Netflix?

So I decided to try out one of the yoga workout on Netflix Instant today. Check out my recommendations:








Notice anything odd? Look at the category- Quirky TV Shows Featuring a Strong Female Lead. And now the suggestion to the far right- Say Yes to the Dress.

Really Netflix? Really?

While I have occasionally been known to enjoy a Say Yes marathon or two, I strongly disagree that it is a. quirky and b. starring a strong female lead.

Female, yes. But strong? Not really. Are women spending thousands of dollars (often pressured by the salespeople to spend much more than their original budget) on their wedding dress(es)really what passes for strong female leads nowadays?

Sometimes I weep for the future.

In other news, my run outside yesterday was great and gorgeous and made me wish I had my camera. Also, I now have two blisters on the arch of my left foot from my inserts. Grr.

After being flabbergasted by Netflix suggestions, I tried out The Trainer's Edge: Long & Lean Yoga. I was not a fan. It was definitely a harder yoga workout than I am used to, and I think I've come to realize that I don't want to do yoga for conditioning. I was to do yoga for the mental benefits and flexibility and a little bit of strength. Mostly, I hate when yoga videos try to trick me into doing crunches by calling them "chest pulses". If I wanted to do crunches, I would do crunches.


No comments: