Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So much snow!

It hasn't really snowed here since January, but we are making up for it today. It's snowed about 2 feet since 10:30 last night, and it doesn't look like it's slowing down much.

We had a "snow day" from work today, where we can work from home. I slept in until 9:00 or so and then began the process of digging out my car. I figured I'd go in to work for a couple hours, hit the gym, finally pick up some chains so I can get out this weekend, etc. It took me about an hour and a half, including the section that I had to dig out twice because the guy who came to plow our parking area pushed snow up behind my car.

I got the car dug out, shoveled the deck, collected my stuff, warmed up my car...and I made it about a half a block, because visibility was practically zero, and going in to work/the gym wasn't worth crashing my car.

So I got a pretty good arm workout with all the shoveling I've done today, and I think I'll be doing some at home yoga. And playing in the snow with my roommate's puppy!

No comments: