Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring is just around the corner, right....?

I think Spring is finally coming!


According to my favorite weather websites, it's supposed to be in the 60s (Maybe even 70s!) by Thursday! Quite a change from last week.

In honor of this most welcome of season changes, I've started preparing for Spring.

Yesterday, I wore my Chuck Taylors instead of my Sorrels or my Simple boots. When I lived in the Ham, the Chucks were my winter shoes.

Today, I wore a skirt to work without leggings or fleece lined tights underneath. Sure, I'm still wearing knee socks and boots, but there is at least a few inches of skin exposed!

I have also been looking for a good deal on a Stand Up Paddle Board. I've actually never even gone stand up paddle boarding, but it looks like something I'd really enjoy.

From here.

Last night I went on what I hope was my last treadmill run in a long time. I did about three miles on the treadmill than 40 minutes on the elliptical. As sad as I am that I'm not running the American River Parkway Half Marathon, limiting my running to less than 10 miles per week has really made my knee feel better. Hopefully, getting my curved spine/crooked pelvis issues fixed might have some effect on my sore knee, so maybe I'll be able to do a half marathon in the fall. Maybe this one? I will have trained At Altitude.

2 comments:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

That woman is doing yoga on a paddle board? CRAZYSAUCE.

Lynn said...

Yoga on a paddle board is totally my new life goal.