Thursday, March 3, 2011

This is why I don't operate heavy machinery until I've had my first cup of coffee

I decided to have a smoothie for breakfast this morning. I got out all of my ingredients (frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, spinach, banana, and almond milk) and put my blender together.

I added the frozen strawberries, and noticed my blender wasn't plugged in. So I plugged it in. Unfortunately, it was on. Frozen strawberries went flying across the kitchen. Meira immediately grabbed one and ran under the coffee table with her prize.

I recovered from the shock and shut off the blender. Luckily, there wasn't any liquid and most of the strawberries ended up on the counter or on the linoleum. I rescued the my strawberry from the dog, cleaned up the strawberry explosion, and (successfully) made my smoothie.

Picture from here.

Note to self: Make sure blender is off before plugging it in.

Anyone else have any kitchen mishaps lately?

No comments: