Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm sore

My arms are so sore from lifting yesterday that these letters I'm addressing for work are barely legible. I ran 3.5 miles in 34 minutes yesterday, and my knee felt fine until I hopped on the spin bike. My right knee had a sharp pain on the left side in about the middle of my knee cap. Here:

(This is the transition area of the 3rd Annual Tri It Out Triathlon. I got a flat shortly after this picture)

This is not where it usually hurts. It usually hurts here:

This is what you look like when you go to Hawaii in April when you live in Bellingham. Wear sunscreen. Or you will end up looking like this:

I was miserable. Then you end up looking like this:

If you look closely, you can see my back peeling off.

Well, that was kind of a tangent. Anyway, my knee hurts in a new place. I need to get back on the icing/stretching bandwagon, but I've been focusing on my back, and leg stretching has kind of been ignored.

I threw together dinner last night, and it came out so delicious I thought that I'd share the recipe.

Curry Veggies with Garlic Naan

Ingredients:
  • Garlic Naan from Trader Joe's (or you could make your own)
  • 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt (I like Fage, but it's kind of pricey)
  • 1 tsp curry powder (use more or less depending on preference)
  • Garlic powder to taste
  • 1 tbsp ginger paste
  • 1 cup frozen broccoli
  • 1/2 cup frozen artichokes
  1. Steam or saute veggies (I used broccoli and artichokes because those were in the front of my freezer) to the point that you like them cooked.
  2. Mix yogurt, curry powder, ginger, and garlic in a bowl large enough to hold all of your veggies. Taste it, and adjust spices to taste.
  3. Cook frozen Naan bread. I actually just jam it into my toaster and flip halfway through. Not sure if that is in the directions.
  4. When your veggies are done, drain and add to the yogurt mixture and stir so the veggies are evenly coated. I put the bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds, just to make sure it's heated evenly.
  5. Enjoy!
I don't have any pictures of this delicious concoction, so here is a picture of some dude's high fashion jeans that we spotted in the Beaver.




No comments: